WELCOME TO ST. MARGARET'S PARENT COUNCIL
We value the partnership with our Parents/ Carers. Our Parent Council meets fortnightly at 9am on a Friday morning in the staff room. All Parents/ Carers are welcome to come and join us!
For further information please see the links below or speak to Ms Hodge.
What is a Parent Council?
Parent Councils are designed to be flexible –
to ensure they can effectively represent their own school community and interests. It is for
parents to decide what is most important for their Parent Council to work on.
Parent Councils can:
• Provide a voice for parents in schools on issues that are important to them and their children
• Help the school to understand how to most effectively involve parents in their
children’s learning and in the life of the school
• Support the school and Staff in developing strong home/school partnerships
• Support the school in its development and improvement, and in understanding and
making links with the wider community
• Capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that
parents can offer
Parent Councils provide an opportunity for parents to get involved in ways that suit them,
and to support their school in getting the best education for all the children.