Each child at St. Margaret's CE Primary School, from Reception to Year 6, has their own username for the maths website Mathletics.
This is an award winning interactive site that aims to improve pupils maths skills through fun activities linked to the UK National Curriculum.
This website can be accessed from any computer.
Aspects of Mathletics are:
- Learning activities linked to all areas of maths.
- Learning is individual - At their own pace, children can complete activities they would like to do or complete activities set by their teachers. If the activities set are too easy or too hard this can be adjusted to meet your child's ability.
- Children can choose an animated teacher that will explain any concept to the child n a step-by-step tutorial.
- Live Mathletics - Improving mental maths skills by answering questions against the clock, whilst competing against other children from all around the world. Also children can invite their friends at school to compete against them.
- Times tables toons - Children can learn their times tables through these fun, animated songs.
- Rainforest maths - Activities suitable for foundation stage and key stage 1 aged children.
- Concept search - Children can use the Mathletics dictionary to find out what different mathematical vocabulary means.
- Clear charts to show pupils their strengths and areas for improvement - A pupil can complete any activity as many times as they would like.
IF YOUR CHILD DOES NOT HAVE THEIR MATHLETICS PASSWORD, PLEASE SEE THEIR CLASS TEACHER.