We value the partnership with our Parents/Carers.
What is Parent Council?
Parent groups are designed to be flexible – to ensure they can effectively represent their own school community and interests. It is for
parents to decide what is most important for their Parent Kind group to work on.
Parent Council members can:
• Provide a voice for parents in schools on issues that are important to them and their children.
• Help the school to understand how to most effectively involve parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school.
• Support the school and Staff in developing strong home/school partnerships.
• Support the school in its development and improvement, and in understanding and making links with the wider community.
• Capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that parents can offer.
Parent Council groups provide an opportunity for parents to get involved in ways that suit them and to support their school in getting the best education for all the children.